Every year since 2010, the Orange Social Venture Prize (OSVP) in Africa and the Middle East has been awarded to start-ups making a strong social or environmental impact in our 17 Orange countries. Are you an entrepreneur with an ICT solution that contributes to the socio-economic development of your country? If so, what are you waiting for? Apply from 9 March!
What is the OSVP?
The Orange Social Venture Prize (POESAM in French) rewards innovation that promotes social development using information and communication technologies. In 2020, the competition attracted 1,300 from across the Africa and Middle East region in sectors as varied as e-health, EdTech, mobile payment and the green transition.
How does it work?
The competition takes place in 2 stages:
- A national competition where you compete against other candidates in your country.
- An international competition which brings together all national winners.
Awards: the International Grand Prix awards three prizes from €10 000 to €25 000 and each includes several months of support from Orange experts to accelerate your business development. In addition, the Group is renewing its support for female entrepreneurship again this year through the International Women’s Prize launched in 2020 and worth €20,000.
Winners from the 2020 competition
With 1,300 candidates and 41 national winners in 17 countries, the 10th anniversary of the OSVP once again highlighted a huge range of talented entrepreneurs. The three overall winners were:
- Ahkili, a psychotherapy service in Tunisia.
- Teliman, the first on-demand motorbike taxi service in Bamako.
- Weeglo, a low-cost and innovative e-learning platform facilitating access to education in Liberia.
- The International Women’s Prize, was awarded to Ahmini, a mobile payment platform in Tunisia that improves healthcare access for women in rural areas.Read the full 2020 competition summary here
Who can take part?
To apply for this year’s OSVP, you just have to meet the following criteria:
- You’re a student, employee or entrepreneur over 21 years old.
- Your business launched at least 3 years before the competition start date.
- Your business is based in one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Guinea Conakry
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sierra Leone
Apply between Tuesday 9 March 2021 (9am GMT) until 4 June 2021 (9pm GMT). The first national phase of the competition will take place between June and the end of August and the international competition will run from mid-September to mid-October.
Ready to apply? Let’s go!
We can’t wait to find out more about your innovative solutions! Before submitting your application on startup.cops-prp.multimediabs.com, here are two useful links: